Korean cuisine is gaining popularity all around the world, and for good reason. It boasts diverse flavors, unique ingredients, and a wide range of dishes that will satisfy any foodie’s cravings. Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a frequent traveler to Korea, you can’t miss trying these top 10 must-try Korean dishes in 2023.
- Bibimbap – A colorful and healthy dish made with mixed vegetables, rice, egg, and spicy gochujang sauce.
- Galbi – A classic Korean dish of grilled beef short ribs marinated in a sweet and savory soy sauce-based marinade.
- Samgyetang – A hearty and healthy soup made with a whole chicken stuffed with ginseng, sticky rice, and jujube dates.
- Japchae – A stir-fried noodle dish made with glass noodles, vegetables, and meat, seasoned with soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Kimchi – A staple in Korean cuisine, this spicy and sour fermented vegetable side dish is made with cabbage or radish.
- Bulgogi – Thinly sliced beef marinated in a sweet and savory sauce, often served with rice or wrapped in lettuce leaves.
- Dakgalbi – Spicy stir-fried chicken with vegetables, often served with melted cheese and rice cakes.
- Haemul Pajeon – A savory pancake made with scallions and a variety of seafood, perfect for a light meal or a snack.
- Tteokbokki – Spicy rice cakes stir-fried with vegetables in a spicy chili paste sauce, a popular street food in Korea.
- Bingsu – A refreshing and sweet shaved ice dessert topped with sweet red beans, fruit, or other toppings.
From savory stews to sweet and tangy dishes, these top 10 must-try Korean dishes in 2023 are sure to please any palate. So, what are you waiting for? Get ready to explore the diverse and delicious flavors of Korean cuisine.
Remember, these dishes are just the beginning, and there’s so much more to discover in Korean cuisine. Don’t be afraid to explore new flavors and try different dishes on your culinary journey through Korea.
|Dish||Korean Name||Estimated Price (USD)|
|Haemul Pajeon||해물파전 (Haemul Pajeon)||$10-15|
Featured image by Jakub Kapusnak