Your Guide to Effortless Banking in Korea: Meet Toss Navigating the world of banking in a…
Dear Valued Kimchi Mobile Community, In the vibrant tapestry of South Korean culture, few threads shine…
The Personal Customs Code (PCC) is a unique identification number used for customs clearance purposes in…
eSIM Compatible Devices 2023: A Comprehensive Guide by Kimchi Mobile As 2023 unfolds, “eSIM Compatible Devices…
As technology continues to evolve, the way we use our mobile devices evolves too. One of…
Korvia and Kimchi Mobile teamed up to provide prepaid SIM cards for EPIK Fall 2023 teachers.…
PREPAID SIM CARD
We can make your digital life easier with two-inch products.
We do not charge any extra fees or have strings attached to our services. Is there a reason why you have to pay more? Be hassle-free by choosing the right plan for your needs.
No ARC Required
The SIM card can be applied for by tourists, students, and anyone who wants to use it. The ordering process is easy, and there is no limitation to what you can order.
The SIM card can be delivered the next day after your order has been placed. We do our best to deliver your SIM card as soon as possible because we know that you want it ASAP.
COMPARE PREPAID PLANS 2023
How to start
You don’t have to come to our office, and you can do everything 100% online without having to visit us. Kimchi Mobile provides fast shipping on SIM Cards so that you can receive them within a few days of ordering them from their website.
- Choose your plan
As a non-resident of South Korea, you should choose a prepaid SIM card if you do not plan on staying there for a while. No Korean ID is needed. (You do not have to wait for six weeks for your ARC to be issued)
- Place your order and complete your payment
Complete your PayPal payment by clicking “Order now.” Shipping takes 1~3 days after activation.
*Weekend shipping is not available
- Please send us your ID information
Complete the SIM card activation application form after receiving a package. Signatures must be inked. You must provide your ID and the SIM card application form.
- Replace your SIM card
After replacing your SIM card with Kimchi Mobile SIM, reboot 2~3 times to complete activation.
It is the most convenient way to purchase a prepaid SIM card in Korea, and we always refer to this service to our teachers.Korvia Consulting
Frequently Asked Questions
How to recharge my prepaid SIM card?
To recharge your MNVO eyes SKT prepaid SIM card, you can have a few options:
- Visit www.eyes.co.kr/prepaid
- Choose your preferred recharge option. We recommend paying through a credit/debit card or recharge through a dedicated account recharge unless you have Korean friends who can assist you with other options.
- If you choose the credit/debit card option, provide the necessary information to complete the payment process.
- If you choose the dedicated account recharge option, transfer money to the designated account provided by MNVO eyes.
- If you are having difficulty with the recharge process, you can ask a Korean friend to help pay for the credit and then pay them back in cash for an easier process.
[Suggested Recharge Credit Method]
- Dedicated account recharge: This option involves transferring money directly to a designated bank account provided by MNVO eyes to recharge your SIM card. You’ll need to follow the instructions provided by MNVO eyes to make the transfer, which may involve providing your MNVO eyes account number and other details.
- Credit/debit card payment: MNVO eyes supports payment by credit or debit card. If you have a valid card from a recognized international payment network, such as Visa or Mastercard, you can use it to recharge your SIM card online.
- PayPal through www.kimchimobile.com: You can also use PayPal to recharge your MNVO eyes SKT prepaid SIM card credit through the kimchimobile.com website. To use this option, please follow the instructions provided on the website.
[How to check my Balance]
You can dial 114 on your mobile phone and press the call button. Then, you can follow the menu prompts by pressing 1 for the menu and 2 to check your balance.
114 – Call button – Press 1 – Press 2 – 6 digits of DOB (Date of Birth – YYMMDD) + *(Star button)
*DOB is required to verify your identification, and you will receive an automatic text message for your balance.
In addition to this, you will also receive a text message automatically with the details of your balance.
[Eyes Mobile Customer Center Information]
- Company name: Eyes Vision Co., Ltd.
- Address: 1, Yeouidaebang-ro 62-gil, Dongjak-gu, Seoul
- CEO: Soonjong Choi
- Business registration number: 607-81-34770
- Hosting service provided by Eyesvision Co., Ltd.
- Inquiries phone number: 114 (free)
- Inquiries phone number: 1800-6100 (paid)
- Fax number: 02-6333-9999
- Email address: [email protected].
Kimchi Mobile Shipping Time
|2 to 3 business days after address confirmation
4 to 7 business days after address confirmation
How can I check my balance?
Contact Customer Service of Eyes Mobile
To access the phone service, dial 114 and press the call button. Please note that this service is only available in Korean.
To select an option, follow the instructions below:
- Press 1 for prepaid call and text message credit.
- Press 2 for bank account information to recharge credit.
- Press 3 for prepaid data credit.
- Press 0 to speak with a customer center agent.
Remaining Call & Text messages Balance Check
To check your call and text message credit balance, dial 114, then press 1 and 2. You will hear a credit balance announcement in Korean and receive a text message.
114 + Call button – 1 – 2 – 6 digits of your birthday (YYMMDD) for verification ex: Jan 15, 1988 (880115) + * (star button)
데이터잔액조회 – Remaining Data Balance Check
To check your data credit balance, dial 114, then press 3 and 2. You will hear a credit balance announcement in Korean, but the text message will not give you specific remaining data.
114 + Call button – 3 – 2 – 6 digits of your birthday (YYMMDD) for verification ex: Jan 15 1988 (880115) + * (star button)
가상계좌 – Dedicated personal bank account info to recharge credit
To check the dedicated personal bank account information for credit recharge, dial 114, then press 2 and 2. You will hear the bank account information and receive a text message.
114 + Call button – 2 – 2 – 6 digits of your birthday for verification ex: Jan 15, 1988 (880115) + * (star button)
Make sure to deposit the exact amount of credit that you want to recharge. Otherwise, Eyes Mobile will recharge a different plan based on the amount that you wire transfer.
How to verify my ARC online in Korea?
In the Korean ID verification system (Korean Phone Number Verification), your passport information will not match your ARC information.
Any prepaid SIM card number (Actived using your passport) can’t be verified online for internet shopping or food delivery in Korea. You must update your ARC information with Kimchi Mobile Team.
You need a few required items before verifying your ID online in Korea.
[Required Items for ID online verification]
1. Valid ARC
2. Cell phone number with ARC registration (Passport activated prepaid number is not available)
3. Cell phone to receive a text message
Step 1. Check your name on your ARC
Check your name on the ARC. Your name must be in all caps.
You have to enter exactly the same as how your ARC appeared.
So that, you need to use your name in all caps when you type your name.
Step 2. Use your name correctly (must be in an appeared order)
In Korea, the last name always comes first and the first name next. So, you have to follow that Korean name order.
Also, because the Korean name does not have a middle name, you must put your middle name at the end.
ex) If your name is John Middle Doe. Then you have to put your name like
DOE JOHN MIDDLE.
Step 3. Select “알뜰폰”
If you are using Kimchi Mobile prepaid SIM card, you must select “알뜰폰”.
Kimchi mobile prepaid SIM card is the MVNO SIM which means it does not have a mobile network itself but borrow the wireless service from the network provider(such as SK, KT, LG U+).
Kimchi Mobile Prepaid SIM (now year 2022) = LG U+ 알뜰폰
Kimchi Mobile Prepaid SIM (before 2022) = SKT 알뜰폰
For that reason, select ‘알뜰폰’ or ‘MVNO’ options and ‘select 알뜰폰 SKT or 알뜰폰 LG U+’ for the next options.
Step 3. Enter your personal information
1. Type your name in all caps, and make sure it must be the same as written on your ARC
2. Enter your ARC number (주민등록번호 = ARC Number)
3. Select “LG U+ 알뜰폰 or SKT 알뜰폰” for Kimchi Mobile Prepaid SIM card
4. Enter your cell phone number
5. Press “인증번호 요청” – Verification SMS request
Step 4. Enter the verification text message
After entering your text message verification code, your online ID verification is completed.
We make your digital life easier in Korea
2519 Hyundai Rexion
South Korea (06628)
Mon-Fri: 10 am – 5 pm
Weekend SIM Activation is not available.