Electronic SIM, known as eSIM, is revolutionizing the way we connect to cellular networks. Without the need for a physical SIM card, eSIM offers a quick and hassle-free setup. Especially for travelers and short-term visitors to Korea, an eSIM card provides an immediate, convenient internet connection. This article will walk you through the process of installing and using a 30-day, data-only eSIM card in Korea for both iPhone and Android users.
What You Need to Know About eSIM Cards in Korea
An eSIM (Embedded Subscriber Identification Module) is a modern evolution of the traditional SIM card. It’s a digital profile that gets activated on your phone through a QR code, eliminating the need for a physical SIM. At Kimchi Mobile, we ensure that your switch to an eSIM is smooth and hassle-free.
Important Pre-Installation Checklist
- A carrier-unlocked, eSIM-compatible device
- eSIM QR code sent via email post-purchase
- Reliable Wi-Fi connection
Refund Policy: We offer refunds only for issues related to our eSIM service that have been communicated and cannot be resolved.
How to Install eSIM Cards on iPhones
Prior to Departure
- Connect to Wi-Fi: Ensure a stable Wi-Fi network.
- Navigate to Settings: Go to
Settings > Cellular / Mobile.
- Initiate New Plan: Tap on
Add a Cellular Plan.
- Scan QR Code: Use your device’s camera to scan the QR code from Kimchi Mobile.
- Complete Activation: Tap
Add Cellular Planand allow 15–20 minutes for activation on iOS 16 devices.
- Label Your eSIM: Personalize your eSIM’s name within your settings.
- Choose Default: Make the eSIM your default mobile data option and disable it.
Allow Mobile Data Switching.
Upon Arrival in Korea
- Enable eSIM: Go to
Settings > Cellular > Tap on the eSIM > Turn ON.
- Enable Data Roaming: Turn this feature ON.
- Optional SMS Activation: Some plans may require an SMS for activation; follow the email instructions if needed.
- Manual APN Configuration: If you face internet issues, modify the APN settings as advised in the email.
How to Install eSIM Cards on Android Phones
Here, we cover installation for both Google Pixel and Samsung smartphones.
Before You Fly
- Open Settings: For Pixel, head to
Settings > Network & Internet. For Samsung, it’s
Settings > Connections.
- Add a Plan: On Pixel, tap
+ next to Mobile Network. On Samsung, tap
SIM card manager.
- Scan the QR Code: Use the QR code from the email.
- Finish Up: Accept the download and disable the eSIM if not yet at your destination.
Once You’re in Korea
- Activate eSIM and Data: Turn ON eSIM and Data Roaming.
- Manual APN Setup: Manually set up the APN settings if necessary
Need a temporary, data-only solution for your time in Korea? Get a 30-day eSIM card from Kimchi Mobile’s online store. A few clicks and your eSIM QR code will be emailed to you. Experience hassle-free connectivity now!