Kimchi Mobile Personal Information handling policy
- General Provisions
- “Personal Information” refers to information relating to living individuals, including information in signs, letters, voices, sounds, videos, and biological characteristics (including cases where even if a specific individual cannot be identified only with the information, the individual can be identified if the information is easily coupled with other information.
- KimchiMobile.com (hereinafter referred to as the “Company” takes into very serious consideration the protection of customers’ personal information, and complies with the rules for personal information protection under the Act Relating to Promotion of Information Communications Network and Personal Information Protection, etc., and the Guidelines for Personal Information Protection made by the Korea Communications Commission. Also through the Personal Information Treatment Policies, KimchiMobile notifies customers in what ways we use the personal information provided by customers and what it is used for, and we make efforts to efficiently and actively protect personal information at all times. When personal information treatment policies are changed, the Company will notify customers thereof through website notifications (or individual notifications).
- “Services offered by KimchiMobile” shall refer to kimchimobile.com, mobile KimchiMobile app, and the services that are available online as they are directly linked to kimchimobile.com, all of which shall hereinafter be referred to as “KimchiMobile.”
- KimchiMobile takes into very serious consideration the protection of customers’ personal information and complies with the rules for personal information protection under the Act Relating to Promotion of Information Communications Network and Personal Information Protection, etc., and the Guidelines for Personal Information Protection made by the Korea Communications Commission. Also through the Personal Information Treatment Policies, KimchiMobile notifies customers in what ways we use the personal information provided by customers and what it is used for, and we make efforts to efficiently and actively protect personal information at all times. When personal information treatment policies are changed, the Company will notify customers thereof through website notifications (or individual notifications).
- KimchiMobile takes measures to ensure that customers can easily see the Personal Information Treatment Policies at any time by disclosing the Personal Information Treatment Policies on the main screen of the homepage.
- KimchiMobile sets forth procedures necessary to change the Personal Information Treatment Policies in order to make constant improvements for the Personal Information Treatment Policies. In the event that we change our Personal Information Treatment Policies, we ensure that customers can confirm the changes by providing the version number, the date of implementation, etc.
- When certain important matters of the Personal Information Treatment Policies of KimchiMobile are changed, we notify customers of the reason and content of changes through the homepage (www.kimchimobile.com), etc. before implementing the Personal Information Treatment Policies to be changed.
- Items of Personal Information to be Collected and Purpose of Use
- KimchiMobile collects and uses the following types of information, based upon the ‘Mandatory Agreement’ on the collection and use of personal information for the purpose of offering KimchiMobile’s fundamental services and upon the ‘Optional Agreement’ on the collection and use of personal information for the purpose of providing the services tailored to the personal preference and needs. There is no limit to using our services, even without the optional agreement.
- KimchiMobile does not collect sensitive personal information likely to infringe upon users’ fundamental human rights (such as races and ethnic groups, thoughts and creeds, native places and legal domiciles, political propensities, and criminal records, health conditions, and sexual lives).
Mandatory Agreement Purpose of Collection & use the information to be CollectedEnable self-identification/authentication that is needed for using/subscribing to/changing/terminating the service. Name, connecting information (CI) & duplication information (DI), ID, password, mobile phone number (SMS authentication), e-mail address (e-mail authentication), foreigner registration number, legal representative information (for only minors), Social Security Number, or Driver’s License Number(for US Armed Forces)Secure a communication channel to send service-related notifications and confirm the customers’ intention. Name, connecting information (CI) & duplication information (DI), ID, password, mobile phone number, e-mail address Provide information related to KimchiMobile’s communication services (mobile phone, wire telephone, WiBro), such as the service rate and the use/subscription to/change/termination of the service. Information that the customers agreed to be collected and used, when they subscribed to KimchiMobile’s communication services (mobile phone, wire telephone, WiBro)[Optional Agreement]Optional Agreement Purpose of Collection & use the information to be collected provide customized services through personal data gathering and analysis, by linking the Service and the products/services of KimchiMobile
To recommend and to offer personalized information for products, services, and benefits of KimchiMobile and the third party
To develop new services, and to enhance service quality
To segment customer base, according to preference, lifestyle, and social relations, and to identify loyal customers among the Mandatory Agreement items, all personal information items consented by customers for collection and use, or information generated from the combination of those items
- – For the purpose described in the Mandatory Agreement, KimchiMobile may collect and use the information that is allowed by law to be collected without the consent of the customers, such as the automatically generated information (information that is generated automatically in the course of performing the service contract such as the log history, billing information, and payment history) and the information needed for billing and settlement (details of service rate, history of payment/default, unpaid bills.) (If the customer agrees with the Optional Agreement items, KimchiMobile may collect and use the relevant information for the purpose described in the Optional Agreement.)
- – KimchiMobile may process, use, or provide the personal information collected from its customers in the form that individual customers cannot be identified such as statistical data.
- – KimchiMobile provided the following information to be collected and the purpose of use received from other institutions for basic services.
basic services ProvidersOffered ItemsPurpose of UseRetention and Usage PeriodKorea Information Certificate Authority Inc. (KICA)Resident Registration No., Connecting Information & Duplication information to apply for self-identification or certification procedures required to use services until the completion of a self-identification or certification procedures
- Consent to Collection of Personal InformationKimchiMobile contains the procedures under which customers can click on the ‘Consent’ or ‘Do not Consent’ buttons with respect to the Personal Information Treatment Policies or the General Use Terms and Conditions. If a customer clicks on the ‘Agree’ button, the customer shall be deemed to have consented to the collection of personal information. You have the right to refuse the agreement on the collection and use of personal information, and your refusal of this agreement shall not incur any disadvantage. If you refuse to agree with the Mandatory Agreement items, however, the KimchiMobile Service will become unavailable or the Service offerings as per the “Purpose of Collection & Use” in the Mandatory Agreement will be limited.
- Method to Collect Personal InformationKimchiMobile collects personal information through the collection tool (cookies) for information created when using site subscription procedures, giveaway event entries, mobile phones, and wired or wireless Internet services.
- Use and Provision to Third Parties of Collected Personal InformationKimchiMobile shall use customers’ personal information within the scope publicly announced in the “Subscription Application” and the “General Use Terms and Conditions for Services”, and publicly announced in the “Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information,” and shall not use or provide to other persons or other companies or institutes in excess of the scope; provided, however, that KimchiMobile may carefully use or provide personal information in each of the following cases:
- A. Affiliate Relationships
KimchiMobile may provide or share with its affiliates the personal information of customers in order to provide better services. Where we provide or share personal information, we shall pass through the procedures to obtain customers’ consent by giving prior written or e-mail notices individually as to whom the affiliate is, what personal information items are provided or shared, why such personal information is provided or shared, and until when and how such personal information is to be protected and retained. If a customer does not consent thereto, we shall not provide to or share with the affiliate such personal information. Also when an affiliate relationship has been changed or finalized, we shall make a public announcement or obtain consent under the same procedures.
- B. Sales, Mergers and Acquisitions, etc.
In the event that we transfer our business in whole or in part, or transfer and succeed to the rights and obligations of service providers by way of mergers or inheritances, etc., we must notify customers thereof in order to guarantee the rights of customers related to the personal information protection.
When KimchiMobile collects personal information, we shall not use or provide to third parties such personal information beyond the scope publicly announced to customers or specified in the General Use Terms and Conditions for Services; provided, however, that exceptions shall be made where there is consent by customers or in each of the following events:
- – In the event where personal information is required to perform an agreement on the provision of services and is conspicuously difficult to obtain ordinary consent due to economic or technical reasons;
- – In the event where it is required to settle fees as a result of the provision of services;
In the event of a special provision defined in other laws, including the Communications Secret Protection Act, the National Basic Tax Act, the Act Relating to Promotion of Information Communications Network and Personal Information Protection, the Act Relating to Financial Real Name Transactions and Confidentiality, the Act Relating to the Use and Protection of Credit Information, the Telecommunications Basic Act, the Telecommunications Business Act, and the Basic Consumer Act, the Bank of Korea Act, the Criminal Procedures;
- – Provided, however, that even where there is a special provision in other laws, and it is required by administrative authorities or investigative agencies for administrative or investigative purposes, we shall not unconditionally provide customers’ personal information, and we shall provide such personal information following the due procedures, including cases where it is made in writing impressed with a warrant or a seal of the head of a relevant authority as prescribed under the laws.
- – List of Companies Providing Personal Information for the Provision of KimchiMobile Services
Provided, however, that when customers use the following specific menus, services, events, etc., we shall provide personal information after confirming customers’ consent:
- A. Affiliate Relationships
- Delegation of Treatment of Personal InformationKimchiMobile, through agreements for delegated duties, provides in compliance with relevant laws for personal information protection, confidentiality for personal information, the prohibition of provision of personal information to third parties, liability arising upon the occurrence of accidents, the delegation period, and the duty to return or destroy personal information after the completion of treatment, and KimchiMobile occasions delegated parties to comply therewith.
- – List of Companies Delegating Personal Information for the Provision of KimchiMobile Services
※ The list of delegated companies may be changed according to changes in relevant services and the term of the agreement, and upon change thereof, we shall give a prior notice through the way of notification. The list of delegated companies Delegated Cooperative CompanyContent of Delegated DutiesSK Telecom Co. Ltd. To operate the customer management system for KimchiMobile, KimchiMobile Direct, and T roaming websites or Korvia Consulting Co., Ltd. To provide customers with counseling services of KimchiMobile Direct Post Office, Hanjin Quick Service, CJ Korea express Corporation, Joongang TNCTo provide shipping services for goods of KimchiMobile Direct
- – List of Companies Delegating Personal Information for the Provision of KimchiMobile Services
- Inquiries, Corrections, and Withdrawal of Consent to Personal Information (Withdrawal from Membership)Customers may at any time inquire or correct their registered personal information. You may Go to ‘My Account’ in the menu to read and modify your personal information
In the event that a customer makes an inquiry request, confirmation, or correction of personal information, KimchiMobile shall handle honestly the request of the customer. In the event that it is found necessary to correct or delete said personal information, in such cases where it is proven that there is a mistake in the personal information or the retention period has elapsed, we shall correct or delete the personal information without delay.
In addition, you may withdraw at any time your consent to the collection, use, and provision of your personal information that is included in your consent to the use of KimchiMobile Services (subscription to the membership in the case of the existing members). You may click ‘Withdraw from KimchiMobile Membership’ to request the withdrawal of your consent (withdrawal from the membership.)
- Retention and Usage Period of Personal Information
- – KimchiMobile shall retain and use customers’ personal information during the period while providing services to customers from the date of their subscriptions to such services. In the event that customers request cancellation of their membership or cancel their consent to the collection and use of personal information, where the purpose of collection or use of personal information has been fulfilled or the retention or use period has been completed, upon the occurrence of events such as discontinuance of business, we shall without delay destroy the personal information.
- – Provided, however, that exceptions shall be made where it is necessary to retain personal information for a certain period in preparation for settlements of usage fees, lawsuits or disputes, or any other necessities.
- – Also, where it is necessary to preserve personal information under relevant laws including the Commercial Code, the National Basic Tax Act, the Communications Secret Protection Act, the Act Relating to Consumer Protection in Electronic Commercial Transactions, etc., and the Act Relating to Use and Protection of Credit Information, we shall retain the information of members for the period of time prescribed under relevant laws. In this case, we shall use the personal information to be retained only for the purpose of preservation, and the retention period shall be as follows:
- · Commercial books, and important business-related documents and statements: important documents for 10 years; statements for 5 years (the Commercial Code)
- · Books and documentary evidence relating to transactions: 5 years (the National Tax Basic Act, the Corporation Tax Act, the Value Added Tax Act, etc.)
- · The date of telecommunications, start and end times of telecommunications, subscription numbers of subscribers including communication numbers, etc. the place of use, location tracing materials of information communication devices connected to communication networks, which are required to provide materials for confirming communications: 12 months (the Communications Secret Protection Act)
- · Log-in record materials, IP addresses, etc. which are required to provide materials to confirm communications : 3 months (the Communications Secret Protection Act)
- · Records relating to indication and advertisements: 6 months (the Act Relating to Consumer Protection in Electronic Commercial Transactions, etc.)
- · Records on agreements or withdrawals of offers: 5 years (the Act Relating to Consumer Protection in Electronic Commercial Transactions, etc.)
- · Records on payments and supplies of goods: 5 years (the Act Relating to Consumer Protection in Electronic Commercial Transactions, etc.)
- · Records of consumer complaints or dispute resolutions: 3 years (the Act Relating to Protection of Consumers in Electronic Commercial Transactions, etc.)
- · Records of the collection, treatment, and use of credit information: 3 years (the Act Relating to Use and Protection of Credit Information)
- Destruction Procedures and Methods for Personal InformationKimchiMobile shall without delay destroy relevant information according to the retention or use period after the purposes of using the collected personal information have been fulfilled. The destruction procedures, methods, or time shall be as follows:
- A. Destruction Procedures and Time
The personal information entered by customers for membership subscription, etc. shall be deleted or destroyed according to the information protection policies under the internal policies or other relevant laws. In general, where there is no credit-debt relationship, the personal information collected at the time of subscription to membership and controlled in an electronic file format shall be deleted immediately when customers withdraw from membership; provided, however, that in order to treat customers and provide cooperation to relevant investigation agencies about illegal users, we shall retain data of members’ information for one (1) year after the cancellation of their memberships, and shall delete all data of members after one (1) year. Also, where it is necessary to preserve personal information in order to confirm the relationships of rights and obligations related to transactions under relevant laws including the Commercial Code, etc. as follows, we shall retain data of members for a certain period:
- – Where we have given customers prior notice and then obtained individual consents: the retention period under their consent
- – Records on agreements or withdrawals of offers: 5 years
- – Records on payments and supplies of goods: 5 years
- B. Destruction Methods
The personal information entered in writing for subscription applications or printed in paper form shall be destroyed by paper shredding, destroyed, or dissolved by chemical treatment. Personal information saved in an electronic file format shall be deleted by using technical methods from which records cannot be regenerated
- A. Destruction Procedures and Time
- Rights of Legal Representatives for Children under the age of 14 & Exercise of the RightsKimchiMobile shall receive consent from the legal representatives for children under the age of 14 in accordance with the relevant laws, in order to collect/use/provide personal information of the children. In this case, the Company may request the children under the age of 14 to provide the Company with the minimum required information to receive the consent from their legal representatives such as the name of their legal representatives.
Legal representatives for children of no more than fourteen (14) years old may request the inquiry, modification, or deletion of the personal information of children of no more than fourteen (14) years old, and KimchiMobile shall without delay take measures as to such a request.
- Rights and Obligations of UsersWe would like for customers to prevent unexpected accidents from occurring by accurately entering their latest personal information. Customers shall be liable for accidents that occur due to the entry of incorrect information. If a customer has entered false information by appropriating the information of others, the customer may lose his or her membership.
Customers shall have the right to their personal information being protected, and also have the obligation to protect themselves and not to infringe upon information of others. Customers shall take care to prevent their personal information including passwords from being disclosed, and be careful not to undermine the personal information of others. If a customer has undermined information of others without discharging such responsibilities, the customer may be subject to punishment under the Act Relating to Promotion of Information Communications Network and Personal Information Protection, etc.,
- Matters on Installation, Operation, and Rejection of Automatic Collection Instruments of Personal InformationThere are cases where we install or operate cookies that save and frequently track information of customers through the Internet services provided by KimchiMobile. Cookies refer to character string information that the web server sends to the web browser and saves, and then upon an additional request of the server sends it back to the server again. If a customer accesses the website of KimchiMobile, we may read the content of cookies in the customer’s browser, find out additional information, and then provide services without entering additional information such as his or her name required to get access thereto.
The information to be collected by KimchiMobile through cookies shall be limited to the IDs of members. KimchiMobile shall not collect any other information. KimchiMobile may use the IDs of members collected through cookies for each of the following purposes:
- A. To provide differentiated information according to their individual fields of interest;
- B. To analyze the access frequency or the time of stay, etc. of members and nonmembers, find out the tastes and fields of interest of users, and apply them to marketing;
- C. To trace the content that customers appear to have an interest in and provide individually customized services on the following visit;
- D. When customers use paid services, to introduce the use period; and
- E. To analyze the habits of members and use them for the modification of services, etc. Customers shall have the option to install cookies. Customers may accept all cookies in “Tools > Internet Options > Personal Information > Advanced” at the top of the web browser, send notifications once cookies have been installed, or reject all the cookies; provided, however, that if a customer has refused the installation of cookies, the customer may have a difficulty in using the services or we may have a difficulty in providing the services.
Cookies shall expire when customers complete the browsers or log out.
- Method to Inform or Notify the Personal Information Treatment Policies
- – When KimchiMobile intends to obtain customer consent in order to use or provide to third parties customers’ personal information beyond the scope notified by KimchiMobile in collecting personal information or beyond the scope specified in the General Use Terms and Conditions of Services or the Personal Information Treatment Policies, we shall individually give customers notice thereof in writing, by e-mail, phone, etc. In the event that we delegate a third party to collect, treat, manage, etc. the customers’ personal information, we shall notify customers thereof through the subscription applications, the General Use Terms, and Conditions of Services, or the Personal Information Treatment Policies on the website.
- – In the event that KimchiMobile transfers our business in whole or in part, or transfers and succeeds to rights and obligations by way of mergers or inheritances, etc., we shall individually give customers a notice thereof in writing or by e-mail, etc., and publicly announce it for no less than thirty (30) days by marking it in a distinguishable manner on the first screen of the homepage (www.kimchimobile.com); provided, however, that in cases where it is impossible to know customer contact information without fault or for natural disasters, or where there is a reasonable cause that such a notice cannot be given, certain notices given in writing, by e-mail, or in any other method shall be replaced with notices published more than once in no less than two (2) major daily newspapers (where most of the customers reside in a specific area, it may be a daily newspaper for the area of the distribution territory).
- – In the event that a customer intends to obtain consent from a legal representative in order to collect, use or provide to third parties the personal information of a child of no more than fourteen (14) years old, we shall give the legal representative a notice thereof, by phone, fax, mail, or causing the child to submit the notice to his or her legal representative, sending an e-mail to the legal representative and providing a connection (a hyperlink) to allow the legal representative to view the Personal Information Treatment Policies at the homepage (www.kimchimobile.com), or with any other reasonable method through which such a notice can be reached to the legal representative.
- Technical and Managerial Measures for Protection of Personal InformationKimchiMobile takes and applies technical and managerial measures to protect customers’ personal information :
- A. Technical Measures
In treating customers’ personal information, KimchiMobile takes the following measures in order to ensure that personal information is not lost, stolen, leaked, altered, or damaged, and to obtain security:
- – Customers’ personal information shall be protected by their passwords. By encoding files and transmission data or using a locking function for files, important data shall be protected by separate security functions.
- – The Company frequently backs up materials to the preparation of potential damage to personal information and prevents personal information or materials of users from being leaked or harmed by using the latest vaccine programs, and enables personal information to be safely transmitted on the networks by way of encoded communications,
- – KimchiMobile takes measures to prevent damages by computer viruses with the use of vaccine programs. Vaccine programs are periodically updated. In the event that viruses suddenly appear, immediately when vaccines come out, KimchiMobile provides such vaccines to prevent personal information from being infringed upon.
- – KimchiMobile adopts security devices (SSL or SET) that enable personal information to be safely transmitted on the networks.
- – KimchiMobile takes all precautions to protect security by using invasion blocking systems and vulnerability analysis systems for each server in preparation for outside invasions including hacking.
- B. Managerial Measures
KimchiMobile operates main systems and equipment to safely protect personal information by obtaining objective certification from outside professional agencies, including certification by information protection management system.
KimchiMobile prepares procedures, etc. necessary to gain access to and control customers’ personal information, and requires its associated employees to be familiar and comply with such procedures.
KimchiMobile limits the authority to the access of customers’ personal information to a minimum number of personnel. Persons falling under the minimum number of personnel shall be as follows:
- – Persons who perform marketing operations directly with users.
- – Persons who perform personal information control duties, including the personal information control manager and authorized manager; and
- – Any other persons on duty required to deal with personal information.
- – In the event that KimchiMobile processes customers’ personal information through the use of computers, we designate authorized persons who have the authority to gain access to personal information and give them identifiable signs (IDs) and passwords, and regularly renew the passwords.
- – We provide regular internal training and trusted external training to employees who deal with personal information, with respect to obtaining new security technologies and duties to protect personal information.
- – We prevent employees from leaking personal information by requiring newly hired employees to give their content to information protection or to personal information protection. We prepare and continuously implement internal procedures to inspect matters on the performance of the Personal Information Treatment Policies and employees’ compliance therewith.
- – We require retiring employees to sign a confidentiality agreement in order to prevent persons who have dealt with the personal information of customers from damaging, infringing upon, or disclosing the personal information they have come in contact with on duty.
- – We require that relevant person who has treated personal information thoroughly transfer their duties under the condition that certain security is maintained. We make clear relevant liabilities for accidents of personal information after employees join and retire from the company.
- – We control entry and exit by establishing data processing and material preservation offices as special protection areas.
- – In the event that we collect or provide to a customer the information related to payments in order to enter into the service use agreements or provide services, including customer credit card numbers, bank accounts, etc. we take the measures necessary in order to confirm the identification of the customer.
- – KimchiMobile does not take any responsibility for accidents that occur due to users’ individual mistakes or the risks inherent on the Internet. Individual members shall appropriately control their IDs and passwords in order to protect their personal information and assume the responsibilities thereof.
- – Also, customers are encouraged to avoid using passwords that other persons can easily guess, and the regular change of passwords is recommended.
- – In particular, when a customer accesses our homepage on a PC for common use and moves to another site while logged in, in order to terminate the use of services, the customer must close the homepage after logging out; otherwise, there is a risk that the customer’s information including the ID, the password may be disclosed through the browser to other persons.
- – In the event that any other internal manager’s mistakes or accidents in technical control cause losses, disclosures, alterations, or damages of personal information, KimchiMobile will immediately notify customers thereof and take appropriate measures, and provide due compensation.
- A. Technical Measures
- Collection and Transmission of Personal Information by the mobile KimchiMobile app.
- – When the mobile KimchiMobile app. is downloaded on your smartphone, the mobile application shall not collect and transmit all your handset information stipulated in the app’s authority immediately upon download the app. However, the mobile KimchiMobile app shall collect and transmit your handset information, only after the prior notification and your approval on the mobile application’s access to your handset information within the scope to which you have agreed.
- – This personal information collection and transmission policy shall apply the same to the smartphones in which the mobile KimchiMobile app. is already embedded.
- – But, the aforementioned smartphones refer to only Android-based smartphones.
- – In addition, your ID account including your personal information shall not be deleted, even if you delete the mobile KimchiMobile app. installed on your smartphone. You need to withdraw from the membership if you want to delete your personal information.
- Collecting Opinions and Handling ComplaintsKimchiMobile considers the opinions of customers very seriously. Should customers have any inquiries, they may visit our branch offices or contact the Customer center. We will issue prompt and accurate answers to the customer.
KimchiMobile operates customer service windows to ensure good communication with customers, including branches, agencies, Customer center. The contract information of my KimchiMobile is as follows:
- – E-mail: [email protected]
- – Cyber Service: customers may ask questions to cyber-service representatives on the Customer Service/Information after accessing www.kimchimobile.com.
- – In the event that customers need any other consultations on infringements of personal information, they may ask questions to the Korea Internet & Security Agency, the Personal Information Infringement Reporting Center, or the Cyber Crime Investigative Service of the National Police Agency.
- – Personal Information Infringement Reporting Center
- · Tel. : 118
- · URL: https://privacy.kisa.or.kr
- – Cyber Crime Investigative Service of the National Police Agency
- · Tel. : 02-393-9112
- · URL:https://www.netan.go.kr
- Personal Information Control Manager and Authorized Manager KimchiMobile do its best to ensure that customers are able to use information safely. Upon the occurrence of an accident that contravenes matters publicly announced to customers while we are protecting personal information, the personal information control manager shall take all responsibilities thereof. The personal information control manager and authorized manager, who will promptly and sincerely reply to questions related to personal information, are as follows:
- – Authorized Person for Personal Information Control: Manager, Henry Oh
- – E-mail: [email protected]
- Personal Information Protection for ChildrenKimchiMobile takes protective measures to ensure that owing to the provision of personal information of children no more than fourteen (14) years of age (hereinafter “Children”), the children and their legal representatives are not subject to disadvantages.
In the event that KimchiMobile engages in the following activities regarding the personal information of children, we shall obtain consent from the children’s’ legal representatives:
- – In the event that KimchiMobile intends to collect personal information for children’s membership subscription, use or provide to third parties children’s personal information beyond the scope publicly announced to customers when they subscribe to the services or specified in the General Use Terms and Conditions for Services; or
- – In the event that a person who has received children’s personal information does not use the personal information for the purposes of the provision thereof, or provides the personal information to third parties.KimchiMobile may request the minimum required information in order to obtain consent from legal representatives, including names, the contact information of legal representatives. In this case, we shall notify the children of the purpose of collecting, using, or providing personal information, the fact that consent of a legal representative is required, in a plain expression that the children can easily understand.
We shall not use or provide to third parties the personal information of legal representatives collected to obtain consent from legal representatives, for purposes other than those of confirming the consent of the legal representatives.
- Transmitting Advertising InformationKimchiMobile shall not transfer advertising information for profit without prior consent by customers.
KimchiMobile may send to customers the advertising information about products/services of a third party as well as new products and promotional events via electronic means, in order to perform customer-oriented marketing activities. In this case, KimchiMobile shall obtain prior consent from the customers before sending such advertising communications. KimchiMobile shall also take the following measures in the subject line and text body of the electronic means, in a way that customers can easily recognize that the information contains advertising.
The subject line of the electronic means: Put the phrase ‘(Advertising)’ or ‘(Adult Advertising)’ in Korean at the start of the subject line without any space, which shall then be followed by the title containing the key message of the text body. In case KimchiMobile sends for-profit advertising information via an electronic means on which it is difficult to indicate that the information contains advertising, then KimchiMobile shall take other available measures such as indicating the name of the sender.
In case the customers agree, refuse, or withdraw their consent on receiving the advertising information, then KimchiMobile shall notify the customers of such facts within 14 days from the date that such facts occurred. KimchiMobile shall also confirm the customers’ consent on receiving the advertising information, on a biennial basis from the date that the customers agreed on receiving the advertising information.
- Separate Keeping or Destruction of Personal Information of the Customers who Have Not Used KimchiMobile for 1 YearKimchiMobile shall send the Member, who has not logged into KimchiMobile for 11 months since his or her last login, a prior notification that the KimchiMobile Services shall be terminated to protect the Member’s personal information, regardless of whether KimchiMobile and the Member entered into a valid contract on the other services such as mobile phone, the Internet, bundling products, telephone/VoIP(Voice over Internet Protocol), T WiBro, and T Membership that are operated by the Company in connection with or separate from KimchiMobile. If the Member does not log into KimchiMobile within 30 days from such notification date, KimchiMobile shall terminate the Services and destroy the Member’s personal information. In the process of selecting the Members who are subject to termination of the Services under this Article, however, a Member who has loyalty or mileage points that are offered by KimchiMobile shall be regarded as having login history during the 11 month period even if the Member has no login record during such period.
- Duty to notify the date of amendment of the current Personal Information Treatment Policies shall be March 1, 2017, whose version shall be specified as Version 2017.1
Where there is an addition to, deletion of, or change in the content of the current Personal Information Treatment Policies as a result of changes in the governmental policies or security technologies, we shall publicly announce such content through the column of “Notifications” of the homepage from at least ten (10) days before an amendment thereto.