We are inviting all Korvia EPIK teachers to take advantage of this special deal before it is too late!
Getting a prepaid SIM card is just a few clicks away, and if you want, you can upgrade to the plan that includes unlimited data for free!
- Plan Description (https://www.kimchimobile.com/product/prepaid-sim-korea-premium/)
Can I use my smartphone in Korea?
To ensure seamless use of our SIM card in your smartphone, please take note of the following:
- Unlocked for international use.
- If your device support dual SIM, you must register IMEI on www.imei.kr. (Dial *#06# for your IMEI code.)
- If your device support eSIM only, our service may not be compatible.
How can I receive my prepaid SIM card from Kimchi Mobile?
We are excited to present three efficient methods for you to collect your SIM Card from Korvia:
- Get Your SIM Card with NOA: Be an early bird! If you submit your documents promptly, you can receive your SIM card alongside your Notice of Appointment (NOA) package.
- Visit Our Office: If you prefer, you are most welcome to visit the Korvia office in Seoul, where you can pick up your SIM card in person.
- Collect at Incheon Airport: For those arriving for EPIK orientation, our Korvia team will be available at Incheon airport during the EPIK orientation shuttle bus check-in. We’ll be delighted to hand you your SIM card then.
How to activate my SIM card?
The Kimchi Mobile team will assist you with the activation process of your prepaid MVNO SIM card. Our team would be pleased to assist you with your order.
- Complete the Application Form: Fill out the application form (link.kimchimobile.com/epik)
- Prepare Your ID: Take a clear photo of your passport. Ensure to use the completed application form as a background for the photo.
- Request SIM Activation: Head over to link.kimchimobile.com/activation to request SIM activation.
- Get Receive Activation Result: After processing your request, we will send you an email containing your new Korean cell phone number, indicating the successful completion of the activation process.
- Insert and Reboot: Once activated, insert your SIM card into your phone and reboot the device two to three times to finalize the process.
*Important Note: If you are using a smartphone that supports dual SIM cards (or eSIM), please insert or use only one SIM card at a time. If you use both SIM cards at once, your prepaid SIM card will be suspended by the carrier.
We are unable to activate the SIM card unless you are physically present in Korea.
How to recharge your prepaid SIM card after 30 days
(Recharge Credit Guide)
Upon activation, the credits you purchased are valid for a 30-day period. To ensure continued service, it’s crucial to renew these credits on a monthly basis. If the SIM card is not recharged within 90 days, all services will stop, but you will retain the ability to receive calls and texts for a further 10 days. Please note that if you fail to recharge your SIM card within this 10-day period, the SIM card will automatically expire.
Policy for Activation Cancellation
Please note that we’re unable to cancel your SIM card activation once it’s completed. The nature of this prepaid service means that if you decide not to continue with the plan, simply refrain from recharging your credits, and the line will terminate automatically.
“Be advised that the prepaid SIM card number is non-transferable to another service unless it has been in use for more than 92 days. Transferring prior to this period, especially after receiving a free upgrade this term, will incur a penalty of 30 USD.”